Friday, July 2, 2010

The Real Avatar - The Last Airbender



I wrote a blog about The Avatar - The last Airbender some time ago; before I even knew Avatar was in the movie theaters. I was tricked! lol the whole time I'm thinking Avatar was the last airbender, but as I kept seeing the previews I realized the name was taken from the Real Avatar, the Avatar I'm about to write about at this very moment.
I started my research and found out The Avatar - The Last Airbender; my favorite cartoon on Television will be coming to our theaters on July 2nd, 2010.
Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Book 1 (Collector's Edition)The day has come and I'm so excited to see this movie. I will be taking the person who introduced me to this cartoon, my friend Ka'saun to see it next weekend. Once the chaos has settled a bit. This is the only way to grasp all the messages and teachings of this great story. When everything is quite and you are taken to a world where the fire tribe, water tribe, earth tribe and Aang (The last airbender) fight to keep their cultures alive; the fire nation is approaching and they must defend their roots.
Within the story there is sweet innocent love, true friendship, hope, family values, brother's love, courage, hate, sadness and one of the most important messages "Wisdom". I am forever thankful for the messages of courage and inspiration given to me through this magnificent story.
The Last Airbender is a live action film directed by M. Night Shyamalan that is based on the first season of the animated television series *Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is the first of a planned trilogy for each of the television seasons. The film originally shared the title of the television series, but it was changed to The Last Airbender because the producers were worried it would be confused with the James Cameron film Avatar. The Last Airbender stars Noah Ringer as Aang, Dev Patel as Zuko, Jackson Rathbone as Sokka, and Nicola Peltz as Katara. Iroh is played by Shaun Toub and Firelord Ozai by Cliff Curtis. *last pargraph from wikipedia.

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Book 3 Collection I will be purchasing the 3 book collection soon. It's one of my dreams is to give it as a gift to the beautiful children in my life. I know for a fact the message will keep their hearts strong for years to come. Following are my favorite quotes and dialogues:


Katara: [opening narration] Water... Earth... Fire... Air. Long ago, the 4 nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all 4 elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.


Sokka: I'm sorry. I treated you like a girl when I should have treated you like a warrior.
Suki: [kisses Sokka on the cheek] I am a warrior, but I'm a girl, too.


Earth Bender: Surrender yourselves! It's five against two. You're clearly outnumbered.
Uncle Iroh: That's true. But you are clearly outmatched.


Prince Zuko: [to Katara] You rise with the moon. I rise with the sun.


Ursa, Zuko's Mother: Zuko, please, my love, listen to me. Everything I've done, I've done to protect you. remember this, Zuko. No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are.


Uncle Iroh: I know your not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but
[cries]
Uncle Iroh: it's just so sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment